The Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association (ECWA) is happy to invite you to the celebration of ECWA's newest nature preserve, The Rocks! The Rocks Nature Preserve is a 2-acre preserve which opened in the fall of 2016. It protects one of the prettiest parts of Ellerbe Creek and supports a wide variety of local wildlife.
Celebrate with us on Sunday, April 2nd from 1-4pm! This is a free, family friendly event. Experts will guide us through several different programs. Join us for one program or stay for the whole afternoon!
- 1:00 - General information
- 1:15 - Tour of The Rocks and its importance for the land
- 2:00 - History of The Rocks
- 2:15 - Tour of the creek and how The Rocks protects it
- 3:00 - ~1 mile hike along the future West Ellerbe Creek Trail
- 3:00 - Stay behind and talk with ECWA staff and volunteers, enjoy the new preserve, and take part in kid-friendly activities!
The Rocks Nature Preserve is located near Broad St and Stadium Dr.
Parking is available at the Central Professional Park, located at 2609 N Duke St near Stadium Dr. Signs will guide you! Google Maps Directions.
Let your friends know you are going on Facebook.